Oh Mavis (of Georgia Black Crackers), you made me BLUSH! I can’t thank you enough for including lil’ ol’ me in your selection for this award. I just was notified that Renate over at Into the Light bestowed upon me the same honor. Thank you ladies! It means so much to me that the random genealogy thoughts running around inside my head actually do provide good reading and support to others. We start these things and they sort of take on a life of their own. I was telling someone recently that there’s whole little world of bloggers that I now know, and although we’ve never met in person, it feels like we know each other deeply. I love that.
I’m simply flattered to have received this. The award comes with the responsibility to share 7 things about myself and then pass it on to 7 more bloggers.
1. Although I’m an engineer, I’m really an artist in my heart & spirit. I always wanted to be a writer and filmmaker & the fat lady hasn’t finished singing yet, so watch out.
2. I’m a terrific cook.
3. I am a voracious reader of all kinds of literature, a habit I have had since childhood. I just finished Nina Simone’s autobiography & now I am reading “Why Evolution Is True.”
4. I started roller-skating when I was 13 years old, joined a skating team (yes, like in that movie ‘Roll Bounce’), and still love to skate even though I don’t get out as often as I used to.
5. I love movies and music. Especially old movies, and classic old-school R&B.
6. My sister, Alice Smith, is a singer. Her wonderful CD, “For Lovers, Dreamers and Me” has been out a few years, she was nominated for a Grammy, her 2nd CD will drop soon and she tours all over the country. Check her out! You can find clips of her all over YouTube.
7. I’m extremely directionally challenged. If I didn’t have a GPS, I’d get lost going around the block;)
And I pass the torch to the following 6 blogs. I’m trying to spread the fire, so I’m attempting to name blogs that haven’t gotten one already and I could only pick 6:
I love this ! Let’s keep it going, family.