I have been given the Happy 101 Award by none other than my favorite genea-buddies, Sandra, Michael, Renate and Mavis. I have been under the weather lately, tired alot and not at all feeling my normal happy genealogy self (which explains my dearth of postings), so this was something that put a much-needed smile on my face. My humble and gracious thanks to all of you.
The Award asks me to list 10 things that make me happy so here they go:
- My life, family and friends. Even more so at times of tragedy like the current one in Haiti.
- Doing genealogy and all the great people I’ve met in this endeavor.
- Lying on any Caribbean beach.
- Helping other people.
- Cooking–I love to cook.
- The sound that doves make. Reminds me of summers spent at my grandmother’s house as a child.
- Getting any kind of massage or facial or spa treatment.
- Watching movies and listening to classic music.
- My two cats, Max and Roman and pretty much all animals.
- Reading a good book.
And I will recognize simply my favorite blogs:
Georgia Black Crackers
Our Georgia Roots
I Never Knew My Father
Taneya’s Genealogy Blog
Into the Light
Find Your Folks
My Nola Heritage
African-American Genealogy Examiner
Conversations with My Ancestors